Sunday, May 5, 2013

Documenting and Sharing Your Success

This week during #satchat, a member of my PLN made the following comment:



I completely agree!  Building a positive school brand is vital. However, given the demands that are placed on campus administrators, documenting and sharing success with the community can, and often does, gets overlooked.  More and more schools turn to Facebook and Twitter to share information with their community.  As an active user of both of these social media tools, I throughly applaud these efforts.  These are very powerful tools for engaging the community and sharing what is happening on a campus.  

As the chat continued, another member of my PLN shared an amazing idea.  



He uses Timetoast, as web 2.0 tool to document the wonderful things that are happening on his campus.  While I had seen this tool before, I hadn't thought about using it in this way.  See below.




You can view this online here.  

Mr. Miller says he updates this on a daily basis.  I appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of this tool and feel that he has created a powerful visual of the collaboration that is taking place on his campus. 

I plan to build upon this idea to help spread the word about the successes on my campuses.  Thanks for sharing!  Once again, I am grateful to my PLN for stretching my thinking!

How are you documenting and sharing your success?  I would love additional ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. I hope other admins and school leaders follow this blog and find other valuable ideas. Thanks for taking the time to write and share this.

    ReplyDelete