As I learn more about Project Based Learning, one thing becomes clear. We must understand the difference between a project and project based learning. I love the commercial below and find that this is a perfect example of a project that is not project based learning.
True confessions: when I first heard of project based learning, I thought I did lots of projects in my class, I already do this. Luckily, I have had opportunities to stretch my thinking in this regard. What I have learned is that planning your first PBL can be mentally and physically draining. Don't go it alone. Connect with colleagues or coaches who can serve as thinking parters as you move through the process.
Below are some great links to articles that have helped me focus my understanding of the difference between projects and project based learning.
8 Essential Elements of PBL
It's the Main Course, Not the Dessert
What has been the greatest lesson you have learned during your PBL journey?
No comments:
Post a Comment