One of my favorite sayings is "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
-Author Unknown.
This quote has helped guide my career in education. I have been blessed to learn alongside many wonderful students, teachers, and parents. During this time, I have witnessed amazing things when we have someone who believes in us and challenges us to try things we never before thought possible.
For me, starting this blog has been a long journey. I have procrastinated, doubted myself, and then procrastinated some more. Knowing that I cannot encourage others to dream big and take risks without doing so myself, I decided to take huge leap of faith and enter the world of blogging.
The purpose of this blog is twofold, to connect to other educators and to reflect on my practices. I am hoping that critical friends will take this journey with me to challenge and remind me to reach further than I thought possible to become a better educator.

I think your blog is a great idea! You have so many amazing ideas and you should definitely share them with the world :-)
ReplyDeleteI will be blogging this school year as well but mostly as it relates to my school so parents can follow events and read about or accomplishments.
Welcome to the world of blogging, Lesa.
ReplyDeleteThe first few months are the worst, learning all the ins and outs of the blog, how to add widgets, how to use tags and categories, but once the writing starts and you develop a following, the rest of the journey is fun.
I have recently retired as a teacher but am now working one day a week blogging only at the Tasmanian eSchool. I work from my computer at home and visit schools when requested. Here is a link to our eSchool blogs http://eschoolblogs.org.au Feel free to check out our blogs.
PS Not everyone has a Google account so having Name/URL as an option when leaving a comment is a good idea.
Thanks for the pearls of wisdom. You are right about getting used to the gadgets/widgets. It is a bit like being a kid in the candy store. :) Ill check out your blogs.
ReplyDelete