Monday, November 26, 2012

Understanding the Digital Generation


This book came to me at the perfect time.  I found myself searching for ways I could effectively convey the need for some changes that were being implemented.  I believe very much in starting with the why when addressing change. Our primary and most important reason to change is to meet the needs of our students in order to ensure all students enjoy thriving, productive lives in a future they create. (Lewisville ISD vision statement)

I decided to embrace some of the things that I learned about digital learners when writing this blog post.  Since many digital leaners prefer to start with an image before moving to the text, receiving information from hyperlinks to digital sources, and want to have choice in how they access information, I created this post using Thinglink.  

If you would like some order to the image, below is the key so you know what each symbol means.

Green bullet:  Important quotes from the book
Heart:  My reflections on my learning
Exclamation point:  Additional resources and information I found while I explored the concepts in the book


This post is part of my Book A Month Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment