Monday, September 10, 2012

Strategic Design Boot Camp


Participation in the Strategic Design Boot Camp had a significant impact on my career.  During the 2011-2012 school year, I had attended a community summit, participated in the Digital Town Hall meeting, and was asked to serve on the committee that developed Goal 4.  As I began my position as a Strategic Design coach, I was confident that I understood the beliefs, vision, goals, mission, and goals that our community had established; however, my time in boot camp brought about profound learning.

During boot camp, we spent significant time exploring and discussing each aspect of the the process.  We analyzed each belief and goal so we could understand at a deep level what our community was calling for.  


One of the most exciting aspects of our new Strategic Design process for me is our district vision. 

All students enjoy thriving, productive lives in a future they create.

This forward focused vision serves as a filter from which we can use to make decisions upon moving forward.  We need to add practices that help us reach this vision and discontinue outdated practices that do not support this vision.

As part of our boot camp, we were asked to define our new roles.  Below is the project my group collaborated to create to explain what we felt our role would be.  We created a commercial that was eventually chosen to share with the school board.  

I am excited to collaborate with our teachers as we move forward in the implementation of our plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment